Well-managed processes are crucially important for all the businesses whether it is a low budget startup or a large international company. Processes help organizations achieve desired outcomes, align resources and technology with the business strategy and customer’s needs, and run business more efficiently while driving a competitive advantage.
BPM, standing for Business Process Management, is the IT-technology, which handles and automates the key processes of a company. A truly genuine BMP platform such as bpm’online CRM software is aimed to reduce operational costs, improve reps’ productivity and efficiency, eliminate errors and manual inefficiency, forecast business risk, protect and optimize recourses of an enterprise.
BPM provides better understanding, visibility and control over business workflows and ensures effective cooperation across a company. A smart bpm’online solution encompasses all tools to create, execute, monitor, optimize and automate business operations, making business much flexible, transparent and effective.
Still there are business owners who cannot see any advantage in implementing of BPM. Actually, there exist at least seven reasons why companies really need Business Process Management:
- Many reps of a company are not able to complete their work by the end of a workday or provide necessary documents/reports/analysis by the deadline;
- There is no mechanism within a company that notifies employees about important issues, deadlines, changes;
- Core business processes are not aligned with the industry regulations and every next audit brings new troubles;
- A company’s documentation is not generated, managed, stored and secured properly;
- Communication between employees is not coherent and productive;
- Perspective clients do not turn into loyal;
- Human errors are made on a regular basis.
Fortunately, there is BPM –a game changing system which solves all business challenges mentioned above.
What BPM offers
A good BPM system offers a wide selection of tools to help companies increase efficiency and gain a competitive advantage in the market place. The key BPM functionality includes:
Process modeling represents a workflow map so that a process can be understood, analyzed and changed. The tool designs a workflow in a step-by-step manner by capturing valuable metrics, activities or behaviors of a process and presents it in a form of a diagram. Embedded features of a process discovery, simulation, analysis and improvement help improve operational efficiency, balance resource utilization and enhance decision-making.
Business Rule Engine makes it possible to modify or add business logic into the routine workflows. Business rules describe policy or procedures of a company while business logic determines the sequence of operations linked to the process. The rule engine entails repository (database where business rules are stored), editor (the user interface to create, manage and edit the rules), reporter (a component to query and report current business rules) and the execution core to enforce the rules.
Process analytics provide a rich selection of analytic capabilities to monitor processes, tasks, cases and employees. A top-notch BPM system generates predictive analysis, trend analysis for risk detection, bottleneck analysis, real-time deep insights into KPIs, root-cause analysis, event monitoring to trigger appropriate events and an ocean of other dashboards. This component ensures a continuous improvement of core business processes and enhances situational awareness of a company’s decision makers.
Content management as a part of BPM manages, assigns permission rights and controls information within an organization. This tool helps companies improve business procedures and overall performance. Moreover, this component facilitates content creating, collaborating, organizing, editing, sharing, and publishing. The advanced bpm’online platform entails options for new documents creation with the help of online forms and e-signatures.
Social collaboration as a part of BPM is meant to enhance cooperation among teams by allowing them to share, process and manage documents and media files, work together on projects and stay connected regardless their devices and physical location. The featured tools are message boards, instant messages, shared calendar, video conferences, screen shares, blogs, email, and collaborative documents. By creating a unified viewable and accessible digital workspace, the BPM platform enables the reps and executives to keep track of tasks and projects and contributes to efficient organization and communication of employees from different departments of a company.
Case management built-in in the BPM software helps to use a company’s information and content more effectively and thus drive a competitive advantage by extracting more value out of its process documents, customer communications, reports and records and by delivering this information in the form of customizable real-time dashboards. Consequently, executives always have deep insights into the current state of all the running processes.
Benefits of BPM
Investing in the BPM technology is more than reasonable because the solution enables the following benefits:
- Improved accountability. By managing all the processes, a company gets a system of balances and checks and minimizes a potential for errors, waste and fraud.
- Enhanced agility. BPM has capabilities to modify business workflows, what empowers an organization to keep abreast of an ever-changing market situation, adapt to customers’ needs, and meet regulatory requirements.
- Reduced costs. As BPM encompasses corporate resources assigning and tracking, there is remarkable costs reduction. Insightful performance reports help detect possible inefficiencies and wastes and prevent rework.
- Increased revenue. Since the platform is intended to put an end to a company’s red tape and automate routine process, employees become more productive and efficient what results in better performance and increased incomes.