If you want to pay a monthly bill instead of recharging frequently, then you should move from a prepaid to a postpaid plan.
Ever since you bought your first mobile phone many years ago, you have been a prepaid phone customer. Till recently, you did not feel the need to have a postpaid connection. But you are tired of frequently recharging the connection, and topping up the data because your plan runs out every single month.
You are now sufficiently well versed with using a mobile smartphone, so it’s time to increase your phone’s potential by giving it a good postpaid plan.
Are you sure you want to switch from a prepaid connection to a postpaidone? Follow these steps:
- If your main concern is that your data is used up much before the pack validity ends, you could consider looking at a new prepaid plan that offers higher data. Choose from the other plans that your mobile service provider offers.
- Or if you wish to change your service provider, you can port to a new one by sending an SMS PORT <Your mobile number> to 1900. After this, your existing and new service providers will coordinate the porting process with you.
- If you are convinced about switching from prepaid to postpaid, you must inform your existing service provider that you wish to discontinue the prepaid service. For example, if you have a prepaid connection with Airtel, you can simply notify the company about switching with a few easy steps, using the Airtel website or myAirtel app.
- If you are migrating from Airtel prepaid to postpaid, click the words ‘Get it now’ on the Airtel website or myAirtel App. Browse for suitable postpaid plans and the select one. Be sure to browse for plans for your home city.
- Airtel will now ask for these details: City of residence, Mobile number, your name. Fill out the details and hit ‘Continue’.
- Click on ‘Airtel Prepaid to Postpaid’. At this step, you must validate your current mobile number.
- After this, Airtel will send over a company representative to verify your residential address. Once the address is verified, Airtel approves the migration request and informs you about the same.
- Once you receive a confirmation, your plan has been changed from a prepaid to a postpaid one.
Getting a new postpaid plan is easy if you pick a leading service provider like Airtel and the right plan to suit your needs. Consider the important reasons to pick Airtel over other service providers:
- You can get a new postpaid connection for as little as Rs 399 per month. Based on your city, Airtel has about five excellent postpaid plans to choose from.
- You can get data ranging from 20 GB to 90 GB, based on the postpaid plan you choose.
- Airtel postpaid offers unlimited calling and texts, data rollover, handset damage protection, access to Airtel TV and Wynk Music, as also one-year free Amazon Prime subscription.