People have known for a long time now that smoking tobacco cigarettes is a bad idea. It’s unhealthy and affects those around you. But up until about a decade ago, there was no clear alternative to it, apart from nicotine quitting patches that varied in effectiveness. And then the e-cigarette came along and carved out a whole new niche with a whole new slew of users.
The idea of replacing cigarettes with an electronic tube that vaporised flavoured liquids seemed an odd one at first, but it quickly caught on. Smokers could use them to gradually quit smoking over time, because they could also add small quantities of nicotine to the e-cig. And even those who had never smoked before took up electronic cigarettes, not so much as a safe alternative to regular smoking, but as a new hobby without all the unhealthy side effects of tobacco products.
Whilst the health benefits of electronic cigarettes are quite clear, they have not yet been on the market long enough to have resulted in solid scientific data about their specific health risks. For the time being, though, they are legal and considered to be a better alternative to regular smoking.
Some Benefits of E-Cigarettes
Some of the benefits and features of e-cigarettes include the following:
- The vapour does not contain the many harmful chemicals found in traditional cigarettes
- The e-liquids come in a wide variety of flavours, so your vaping experience varies with your flavour choices
- No lingering smells from the vapour
- The liquids used in the tanks and clearomisers are cheaper than regular cigarettes
- The practice of vaping is more acceptable than regular smoking in social situations
- Early studies have so far concluded that vaping is much healthier than smoking
Starting Out on E-Cigarettes
Maybe you’re a smoker looking to quit, or maybe you’re just an interested hipster looking for a new thrill. Whatever your personal motivation, you’ll likely need to look into products called e-cigarette starter kits.
Starter kits provide you with a cost-effective way to start vaping (the practice of using e-cigarettes). In these kits, you’ll typically find everything you need to get started right away, including:
- An e-cigarette/vaporising tube,
- A charger for the vaporiser’s rechargeable battery,
- A tank to hold the e-liquid and nicotine additive, and
- A bottle of e-liquid so you can fill the tank immediately and get going!
These starter kits are reasonably priced and also include a carrying case for all of the accessories. For those looking for something a little more serious, there are dual kits available that include an extra battery, two tanks for different liquid refills, and two bottles of flavoured e-liquid.
Once you’re comfortable with the practice of vaping, there are premium options available on the market that include more expensive e-liquids and premium metallic and engraved e-cigarettes.
As we become more health conscious and health aware as a community, advances in technology have provided us with some interesting alternatives to activities harmful to our health. The practice of vaping with e-cigarettes has certainly made great inroads into the regular cigarette market, and aims to cut out smoking altogether as a practice in society.